The inaugural European Association Awards took place on Friday 24th February at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels where the 13 winners were revealed. More than 250 people attended the ceremony, and the entries and audience composition reflected the truly pan-EU nature of the awards.
A huge thank you to all of our sponsors who helped make this event a success, in particular our headline sponsors Hiscox and Radisson Blu Royal Hotel for their fantastic support and to Performing Artistes for providing the wonderful entertainment, Faryl Smith and host, Mark Madell.
The winners are as follows:
- Best Association Website: European Aluminium
- Best Use of Social Media: Recruitment & Employment Confederation – IRP Awards Shortlisted Selfies
- Best Association Magazine or Publication: FoodDrinkEurope – Ingredients for a Circular Economy
- Best Association Newsletter: AOSpine – AOSpine Newsletter
- Best Networking Event: SolarPower Europe – A Celebration of Solar
- Best Association Awards Event: European Association of Communications Agencies – Euro Effie Awards 2016
- Best Association Conference: Association for Financial Markets in Europe – AFME’s Annual European Market Liquidity Conference
- Best Training Initiative: The Law Society of Scotland – Street Law
- Best Lobbying Campaign: European Association for the Study of Obesity – European Obesity Day 2016
- Best Provision of Industry Information and Intelligence: The European Biomass Association – AEBIOM Statistical Report 2016
- Best Association Supplier or Partner: Conference Partners
- Association Leadership Award: Orgalime – Adrian Harris
- Overall Best European Association: WindEurope
Read the full press release here
The winners were chosen from among more than 60 finalists, and include both individuals and teams who have worked to ensure their organisation’s members’ voices are heard.
If you didn’t take part this year but plan to in the future, you can receive advance notice of the 2018 European Association Awards by completing this short form.
About the Awards
Winning one of the European Association Awards is a fantastic achievement, a benchmark of success and achievement, bringing pride, peer acknowledgement and advantage to the deserving recipient.
The European Association Awards judging panel is comprised of highly respected professionals from European Associations. 25+ judges scrutinise the entries through our rigorous and transparent online judging process. The European Association Awards have quickly gained the respect and backing of the industry that they were designed to serve and celebrate.