Within the heart of the Belgian capital, and only a few steps away from the Grand Place, is located the Hotel Le Plaza. This art-déco palace dating from the 1930’s is one of the last independent hotels of the city that can be entirely privatized. Rewarded Belgian Royal Warrant Holder of Belgium, the Hotel has welcomed many famous guests throughout the years.
The 190 rooms and suites combine the prestige of traditional rooms and all modern facilities. With its 11 meeting spaces and its plenary room called “The Theatre”, Le Plaza will host your events for up to 700 guests.
Since more than 20 years, Le Plaza listens carefully to its guest and maintains the tradition with a warm and convivial welcome. Its dedicated team will accompany you from the first contact until the departure of your last attendee and will happily answer all your queries.
Ellwood Atfield is the specialist in European association leadership recruitment. Ellwood Atfield is committed to improving the professionalization of association leadership through our work, and our investment in pioneering research and educational activities. We publish the widely read report “Key Success Factors for European Associations”, host the annual Association Leadership Forum and run the Association Leadership Academy, the pre-eminent educational institution for leaders, members and secretariat staff of European associations. Through these insights and engagement, we hope to contribute to the pool of knowledge that helps association leaders run high-performing organisations and pursue rewarding careers. Hence, we are proud to support the 2017 European Association Awards. www.ellwoodatfield.com
The FAIB is the Federation of European and International Associations established in Belgium, founded in 1949. It is an a-political not-for-profit association currently representing approximately 280 international associations from all walks of life.
Our support is deliberately pragmatic and our daily services, regular lunch-debates and newsletters provide information related directly to our members‘ concerns.
Amongst others, we :
- Are a platform for exchange: when you struggle with a problem, it is likely that others have struggled with the same problem in the past. Most of the time, you will be able to find a solution within our network.
- Pursue every initiative to encourage European and International Associations to settle and remain in Belgium;
- Represent our members vis-à-vis third parties and defend their interests towards all public and private bodies.
- Work at obtaining legal recognition of associations and the association-movement by Belgian, European and international authorities.
- Facilitate our members’ activities in every possible way within our remits and assist them with joint studies, administrative and auxiliary services, etc.
- Keep our members informed of developments in legal, administrative and all relevant matters impacting them in Belgium.
EURACTIV is the media network for Europe. We speak your language, publishing online news free of charge and facilitating EU debates for policy professionals across 12 European countries. With 2,1 million page views and 783,986 unique visitors per month, EURACTIV is a leader among online media specialised in EU policy. Together with its media partners, EURACTIV reaches 1.7 million users across Europe and beyond, every month.
EURACTIV sparks and nourishes policy debates among stakeholders, including government, business and civil society. EURACTIV covers policy processes upstream of decisions, summarising the issues without taking sides. EURACTIV provides a ‘one-stop shop’ where users can compare major stakeholder positions, original source documents, videos and informed opinion from guru bloggers.